Despite these credentials, she’s no stuffy academic peering down from the Ivory Tower. She get’s into it with Doug on today’s episode.
- Do nice guys finish first?
- In love, yes
- You have got to be you
- Dating losers is part of the journey
- Don’t be so worried about how you are dating, just date, be present and learn
CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) is the Shit
- We are telling ourselves things all day everyday, and our thoughts are linked to our emotions and ultimately our behavior
- Changing our mindset takes some work
- It is like a muscles, you have got to exercise
- It is never too late for love
- At the end of anyone’s life, the connections with other are the most meaningful things
- Personal relationships affect business relationships and vice versa
- The frustration from singles in this generation is that they feel very disposable
- Swipe left, swipe right etc.
- If someone didn’t give you a chance, they are not meant for you
- Don’t take it as a rejection but rather a dodged bullet (i.e. mental shift)
Happily Ever… What?
- You have to be willing to wait and experience the tension of being alone
- Your alone time or lonely moments are preparing you for a stronger, more long-lasting happily ever after
- The relationships that tend to be the strongest are those that enjoy their independent time
- There is a difference between comprising and lowering your standards
- Individuate yourself from your parents
- You can love your mother but not do everything she tells you to do
- You can assure your parents that you are “Ok”
- If you are married and mentally single, there is a problem with that
- There is a difference between being independent and having a ‘single’ mentality
- There is no scorecard in a marriage
Check out Dr. Karin’s website and services- http://www.drkarin.me/
Show notes: Production Assistant – Anna Nygren http://www.annavnygren.com/
Click through our Amazon.com link before buying anything.
As Amazon.com affiliates, we receive a small commission on purchases made after clicking our links. It cost you nothing extra but supports the podcast. Thanks in advance.
Go to Nice Guy Community sign-up and we’ll send you the free E-Book “The 5 biggest (relationship) mistakes in business.”
Get Doug’s Amazon #1 Bestselling book Nice Guys Finish First here.
Want to ask us a question or record a show intro for us? Call 4242-DJDoug and leave us a message.
Don’t underestimate the Power of Nice.