The Nice Guys on Business Podcast # 15: Time Management for busy people
Busy? Sure we all are, so take this 10 minute, half-time podcast to help get yourself organized. The Nice Guys Doug Sandler and Strickland Bonner will give you 6 easy time management tips that will change your life forever, freeing you up to to be able to finally take that underwater basket weaving course you’ve always dreamed about, or organize your sock drawer, learn jousting, trim a Bonsai tree, trim your toenails, trim your ear hair, read that Walt Whitman novel you never finished in high school (naw skip that, he was a whiny hack), watch The Usual Suspects again and see all the Kayser Soze clues you missed the first 5 times, watch Spinal Tap (because these go to 11), keep reading this podcast description…The possibilities are endless. You can thank us later.
Here are The Nice Guys 6 proven time management techniques for extremely busy people:
- Say “NO“. While sometimes an easy thing to say, often times saying the word “No!” can be troublesome, but in order to stay on your path, learn to embrace the word.
- Prioritize Your To-Do List – Before you go to sleep or first thing when your head is clear in the morning, go through your schedule.
- Delegate – The most successful time managers are those that learn how to delegate properly.
- Don’t Micromanage – Resist the urge to manage all of the project details you have going on in your life.
- The Small Stuff – Extremely busy people are their own worst critics. Stop beating yourself up over the small stuff.
- Refresh – Seriously, it’s 1AM, do you think you are quite as sharp as you were at 11AM?
Doug and Strickland go into much more detail about each of the tips above in the podcast, and the best thing of all- It is a 1/2 time podcast, only 10 minutes long! Below are links to some of the friends and vendors that we mentioned during the podcast, please feel free to visit them also:
David Allen, Getting Things Done- http://gettingthingsdone.com/
David Lee Roth- http://www.davidleeroth.com/