Our interview today is with Jeff Sheehan, one of the world’s top followed B2B Sales and Marketing Professionals on Twitter specializing in Technology, Integrated Marketing & Social Media. Jeff offers value to his clients as a Marketing Consultant And Speaker. Sheehan Marketing Strategies is focused on helping businesses, professionals, non-profits and individuals be found through on and off-site SEO practices including Social Media platforms such as Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. This contributes to further awareness of their marketing presence, increase in market share, and growth in sales revenue
Jeff has worked with Intel, Apple Computer, Cisco Systems, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, AT&T,Exxon, BASF, Dart & Kraft, Dow Chemical, Siemens, and Nordson, to name a few, as well as many small and midsize businesses.
Here are some of the highlights:
• Find out who you are. What do you represent? What do you want to do with your life? What are you good at? Figure THAT out, and run with it.
• Trying to find employment over 50 doesn’t have to be difficult if you have a specific skill set that is in demand. “Generalists” will have a hard time being successful.
• Find one thing you do well, and be the best you can at that.
• Build your connections, your “personal brand” and your network.
• With you contacts, have the mindset of “what can I do to help you”, not “what can you do for me.”
• Follow people with common interests on Twitter, then connect with them on LinkedIn.
• Jeff’s Book, Hired! Paths to Employment in the Social Media Era, is the result of 4 years of research and includes contributions from 28 different authors.
• There is a disconnect between hiring managers, talent acquisition managers, and candidates right now.
• Jobs are being vetted by committee now, multiple people need to approve a candidate before hiring today.
• HireVue is one company that interviews candidates on video and stores these interviews, so employers can watch these anytime without even contacting a candidate.
• Don’t “ride a wave” too long. If you feel a wave cresting, think about finding the net wave, or the next big thing.
Download the podcast and answer 1 simple question- What do you want more of?
Subscribe to the podcast- https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-nice-guys-on-business/id966086057?mt=2
Please visit our sponsor, http://www.phone.com. Phone.com offers tons of amazing features that are incredibly easy to set up, starting at only $10.00 a month. You can get your first 6 months of service FREE just by using promo code “niceguys”. You’ve got a phone, right? Make the most of it then! Check out Phone.com and get your phone working for you.
How to reach Jeff:
Sheehan Marketing Strategies- http://sheehanmarketingstrategies.com/
Author- Hired! Paths to Employment in the social Media Era. http://www.hiredthebook.com/authors/jeff-sheehan/