The Lazy Guru: A Half-American Scot Who Lives in England
- Stress can be created in any moment
- The moment where all stress dissipates, where there are no problems/pressures…. never ever arrives
- Life is going to continue to be complex, difficult and unpredictable so you might as well just relax right now
- As some point, the ‘balance’ achieved during meditation has to become a continuous state
- This is as much about enjoyment of stress as it is avoiding stress
- Stress does not ever go away, you just have to learn to manage it
- Everyone has a Survival mechanism that has 2 states:
- A hyper-engaged state/hyper alpha state of fighting stress
- An “in-denial” state
- Often when we are selling something, we feel that we have to ‘push’ something
- ‘Push’ ourselves
- “Push’ our product
- BUT THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF AN Effective SALES TECHNIQUE
- We often do things that we think we need to do because we have been told that that is a good thing to do
- When you are really into something and can add value you to it, the money will follow
- Do not focus on your agenda in a conversation, just let the conversation go where it is going to go.
- Let go of your expectations in a conversation
The Heart of the Lazy Guru – Making Space
- People who are genuinely creative have a whole bunch of practices that people who uncreative people can benefit from massively
- Creating space for something magical to happen is something that we all need to do
- Creativity and spirit is essential for an entrepreneur
- Making space is the discipline of carving out little spaces of time, daily, to do nothing
- Most of us have a bunch of mind talk that gets in the way – it is chock full of concern and anxieties
- Try to listen to them, not talk to them
- Things will happen to you naturally in a way that will surprise you
@thelazyguru Laurence Shorter
Show notes: Production Assistant – Anna Nygren http://www.annavnygren.com/
Click through our Amazon.com link before buying anything.
As Amazon.com affiliates, we receive a small commission on purchases made after clicking our links. It cost you nothing extra but supports the podcast. Thanks in advance.
Go to Nice Guy Community sign-up and we’ll send you the free E-Book “The 5 biggest (relationship) mistakes in business” AND be one of the first 100 people to sign up for the Nice Guys Community to get an invite to our first (to be scheduled) live podcast.
Want to ask us a question or record a show intro for us? Call 4242-DJDoug and leave us a message.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t underestimate the Power of Nice.